Hey, you have managed to find the website of Jason Nielsen and Myunghye Yun, good for you! I am sorry that I dont update this much. The main motivator for this update is that Myunghye and I are now engaged to be married! Thats right, there is a rock and everything.
Febuary 6th 2010: Myunghye and I just got engaged! We are really happy together and are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.
December 26th 2009: Christmas, we spent christmas day at Erin and Robs house along with Dane and Jihae and Craig and Amanda.
- Valentines day Sunday 14th of Febuary 2010, This will be our first valentines day together, Not sure what we are doing yet, I have never done anything special on valentines day before.
- PyConAU One thing I was saying even as PyConNZ09 was going on, if NZ can do it, surely AU can to.
- PyConNZ: PyConNZ 2009 was a huge success, not only did I learn a bunch about python and meet some new friends I had a chance to catch up with so many old friends. Tom, Philip, Mark and Kathren, Bog. Seems so many people are in and around Christchurch. I am looking forward to pycon 2010.
- Our wedding: Not sure when this will be yet but with us now being engaged its bound to happen sometime.
My home town is Invercargill New Zealand.
I went to the Southern Institute of Technology to get my degree. It was a Great place to get an education and meet some cool people.
I spent some time in Dunedin getting extra qualifications and just soaking up some uni life.Finding New Zealand in abundance of programmers I came to Canberra Australia in 2006 looking for my first and current full time job.
I am currently working for Kinetic, a sports technology company focusing on producing sports analysis products Check out Kinetic.They provide a lot of opportunity to play with a lot of interesting technology, from embeded sensors to touch screens and the industrial protocols linking them together.
As a developer I spend a lot of time on computers and have a lot of preferences. here are a few:
- Server OS: Debian
- Desktop OS: Ubuntu
- Phone OS: QT Extended
- Desktop Environment: Gnome (with compiz)
- Editor: jed
- IDE: Eclipse (pydev and aptana)
- Browser: Opera
- Shell: Bash
- Programming Language: Python
- Graphic Editor: Inkscape
- ORM: sqlAlchemy
- Templating: cheetah
- IM: Pidgin